Aussie Miasma

The boring assemblage of a boring life from Sydney, Australia.

18 November 2005

My ID

I have been so fucken slack these last few weeks. I just want to finish my work and enjoy the summer like normal people. Why won’t you let me live?!

I scary thought struck me not long ago today. Is my yearning/‘homesickness’ for Romania indicative of (a) my inability to be assimilated into Australia (and the implications for Aust. nation-building failing? (b) just my fault and not indicative of my generation/people in my similar circumstances/background, and therefore just my idiosyncrasy?          Worse, if I find a solution, what will it mean for who I am and what I must do to achieve happiness? I will write a letter to The Australian expressing my thoughts and invite responses via email.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home